Terms and Conditions
- YOUR ORDER
- INSPECTION & NOTIFICATION OF DAMAGED GOODS
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION, SAMPLES, QUALITY, SUITABILITY & COLOURS
- PRODUCT GUARANTEES
- CANCELLATIONS & RETURNS
- CONSUMER RIGHTS
- COMPANY INFORMATION
- PRICES & TAX
- OUR WEBSITE
- Stonegate Carpets are a small, family run business and we aim to offer you an unparalleled level of service at all times.
- By using this website you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions which we advise you to read carefully before using our site, and to print or save a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference. Please note however, that our Terms and Conditions may be updated at any time and that it is your responsibility to read our Terms and Conditions each time you use our website with your continued use signifying your acceptance of the latest Terms and Conditions.
- We have tried writing the following Terms and Conditions to be as easy to understand as possible, but should you have any questions or queries at any time, please do not hesitate to contact us by either emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 0113 225 95 35. Our Terms and Conditions will explain how we manage and process your order.
- Any orders placed via the website or via phone, will be acknowledged by email immediately. This is to acknowledge that we have received your order, it does not mean that we have legally accepted your order, or guarantee availability of the goods ordered.
- Legal Acceptance of your Order and Completion of the Contract only takes place when we dispatch your goods to you, are received and accepted by you.
- By ordering products via our website, you are inviting us to enter in to a contract to supply the goods that you have selected at the price as indicated on our website. The products, information and pricing displayed on our website are only an invitation to place an order and do not constitute a binding offer by us to purchase the products at that price.
- We endeavour to ensure that all our sizes, prices and descriptions are accurate and up to date, nevertheless occasional errors may occur. When we process your order we will check the details and if we discover any pricing or specification error we will notify you within a reasonable time span and give you the choice to proceed with your order at the correct price and specification or to cancel your order and obtain a full refund. If we do not receive a response to this notification within seven days we will cancel the order and issue a refund of your payment. We always recommend prior to placing any order that you obtain a sample of your chosen carpet colours to ensure that you are satisfied with the colour, design, texture, pile and height. Should you proceed to order without having received any samples you do so at your own risk and no refunds or returns can be accepted should the colour not be to your satisfaction. Whilst we make every effort to ensure all images on our website are as realistic and accurate as possible, due to the differentiation in monitor types/settings and software used this may cause the product colours to appear slightly different in person.
- If purchasing one of our remnant items that are available to buy directly from our website, we take payment from your card at the time of placing your order. Online payments may be made by debit or credit cards, or if you prefer we may process certain orders by card payment over the phone. Your payment is processed using an independent secure payment processing system, we do not see or have access to any payment card details at any time. Where a manual invoice is required to be sent, this will be emailed out detailing the items and pricing as necessary, payment of any deposit or balances will be required to be paid either by Bank Transfer, Cash or Cheque.
- If placing an order via our website for one of our remnant pieces of carpet, although the delivery timescale may say 24 or 48 hours, the purchased item will be sent on a next day or 2 day service once the item has been brought from our stock warehouse to our planning warehouse, where it will be inspected and check measured prior to delivery, so delivery could take up to 7 days from date of purchase.
- The delivery service offered on this website is only available for delivery of products to our customers in the UK mainland. We are able to deliver to Europe and Worldwide destinations and would ask you to contact us to obtain a delivery estimate.
- You are strongly advised not to book tradesmen or services or make other arrangement to deal with the installation of the goods until those goods are in your possession. Any such arrangements are made at your own risk.
- You or your representative will need to be available at the delivery address. In the event that you are not available to provide a signature on the pre-arranged date, then you may be charged for re-delivery.
- Goods delivered normally arrive between 8am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. We will contact you to arrange a suitable delivery date that is convenient to you, estimated delivery dates are given in good faith but cannot be guaranteed. Please note that every effort will be made to meet the delivery times and dates required however we will not accept liability for any losses incurred as a result of delivery times, no liability is accepted for any costs, expenses or damages arising from any delay. No liability can be accepted for any costs incurred as a result of late deliveries or deliveries of incorrect or missing products.
- Time is not of the essence of the contract. If the expected delivery time exceeds 30 days you may cancel your order and receive a full refund.
- Deliveries may be made by large heavy goods vehicles and it is therefore assumed that the delivery address will be accessible by lorry. However, some roads are subject to vehicle weight or width restrictions. If there is likely to be a problem, please inform us at the time of order and we will attempt to make alternative arrangements.
- Deliveries cannot be left unattended and we will not leave your goods at any other location other than the address specified in your delivery documentation.
- Deliveries up to 2.50m in length will be sent via ParcelForce with delivery to the customers door. Any orders over 2.50m will be delivered via a logistics partner which normally take 5-7 days and are kerb-side delivered at the delivery vehicles nearest access point to the delivery address. The courier driver cannot help move the flooring into your home and you are responsible for arranging adequate help to off-load the flooring. Some drivers may be happy to take items to the front door or into the property upon request but this is at their discretion and we cannot guarantee this, nor do we accept any responsibility for their decision to do so. We cannot be held liable for any damage or injury incurred while moving products from the kerb-side or taking products into the property.
- If a courier arrives at your address and is unable to deliver on the arranged delivery date because; no one is there to accept delivery, you refuse to sign or you refuse delivery or for any reason other than damage, you will be liable for the cost of the failed delivery attempt and any subsequent re-delivery charge.
- If you have made no attempt to contact us within 2 working days after the delivery has been refused for any reason other than damage which must be noted on the courier documentation at the time of delivery, the goods will automatically be returned to us and you will be liable for all delivery costs incurred.
- Please check the products you receive against your Order and confirm they are all present and correct, and they are the correct colour and size. Please examine the products for apparent faults or damage at the time of delivery and before installation/fitting.
- Stonegate Carpets shall not be liable if the supply of goods is hindered or delayed by reasons outside their control, such as adverse weather conditions, strikes or any other industrial action, by difficulty in obtaining labour or raw materials, by break-down of plant and machinery (including transport), by interruption of power supplies, by fire or by any third party.
Inspection and Notice of Damaged Goods
- Please ensure that you inspect the goods immediately upon delivery and satisfy yourself that the goods are delivered in perfect condition. If you detect any imperfections or damage please ensure you notify us immediately. Whenever possible please photograph the damaged goods immediately and provide copies to us by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that no claim for damages can be entertained once the delivery driver has left the delivery address unless signed for as damaged on delivery.
- Damaged or faulty goods must be reported to us immediately (see paragraph above) preferably supported by photographic evidence, either by phone on 0113 225 9535 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then make further arrangements with you. Whenever possible we will provide replacement goods of the same description, or if unavailable will discuss with you selecting an alternative product. In the event of no alternative product being suitable then a full refund will be given.
- IMPORTANT - Please note: Should any flooring supplied by Stonegate Carpets be cut, or fitted, either by you the customer or a fitter of your choice, no claim for fault or damages can be accepted and this will constitute full acceptance of your purchased products.
- Fitting is NOT included in the cost of our products. We can arrange fitting upon request at an additional charge by our professional carpet fitters who will exercise total expertise and professionalism. Any special fitting requirements such as pattern matching on joints (ie; on hall, stairs, landings and doorways etc.) must be notified to our sales staff prior to the order being placed.
- Customers are requested, where possible, to clear all rooms where the carpets/ flooring is to be fitted. Please take up any existing carpet. Alternatively, arrangements can be made for our fitters to do this at a cost of £40.00 per room to uplift, with disposal adding £25.00 per room.
- Stonegate Carpets will not accept any liability for damage to any wiring or underfloor pipework whether it be telephone/alarm or water/gas etc. The carpet fitter must be made aware of the position of any pipes/cables prior to fitting the carpet.
- Please note: Our carpet fitters are not joiners and any doors opening onto the carpet with insufficient clearance will have to be removed, where necessary. Stonegate Carpets will fully guarantee their carpet fitting for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.
- Please note: Should you choose to employ your own carpet fitter to install any products supplied by Stonegate Carpets, we cannot be held responsible or liable for any mistakes or errors that your carpet fitter may make whilst fitting and can only Guarantee our products when the Carpet Fitter used is qualified to Master Fitter Standard and is a recognised member of the National Institute of Carpets and Floorlayers. Stonegate Carpets cannot be held liable for any additional charges that your own fitter may charge to re-attend to fit any items they may have had problems.
Product description, samples, quality, suitability and colours
- The descriptions applied to the goods are given for purposes of identification only and the use of such description shall not constitute a sale by description. The sample/s supplied of the goods to the buyer is solely to enable the buyer to judge the quality and colour of the bulk and shall not constitute a sale by sample. The buyer shall take the goods at its own risk as to their corresponding with the sample or as to their quality, condition or suitability for any purpose.
- We always recommend prior to placing any order that you obtain a sample of your chosen carpet colours to ensure that you are satisfied with the colour, design, texture, pile and height. Whilst we make every effort to ensure all images on our website are as realistic and accurate as possible, due to the differentiation in monitor types/settings and software used this may cause the product colours to appear slightly different in person.
- Stair Carpet Runners supplied by Stonegate Carpets may be supplied in more than one piece. This does not affect the carpet or stair runner in any way and customers will be advised prior to delivery how many pieces their chosen stair runner will be in.
- Cut pile carpets sometimes show a shading effect that appears as light and dark patches due to different pile direction. This effect can be exaggerated by such things as room lighting and certain types of traffic across the carpet. Shading is a natural phenomenon which cannot be totally eliminated in the production process and is therefore not considered to be a manufacturing fault.
- Where different widths of carpet are to be fitted in the same location, the manufacturers cannot guarantee perfect colour or pattern match. Berber or berber-look carpets sometimes have a fleck and/or lined effect which is not always apparent in the sample. This is not a fault but is a characteristic of this type of product. It should be noted that natural products will vary in terms of shading.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the quantity of any floor-coverings ordered is sufficient for your room. If your room is close to the nominal size please allow extra for wastage. Sizes are approximate and small variations may occur.
- The carpet pile may also become slightly crushed during transportation and storage. This is temporary and may be visible as slight bands of shading across the pile. These will disappear as the carpet settles and the pile is flexed through regular use and vacuum cleaning.
- We ensure that the goods we supply are of satisfactory quality, conform within reasonable parameters to the online sample and are fit for the purpose for which they are sold. Certain products have additional guarantees provided by the manufacturer. We accept no responsibility for these additional warranties or guarantees.
- Any product guarantee will be affected and possibly void in the event of any of the following:
- If you do not use a suitable damp proof membrane or underlay on ground floors, or
- If you do not use the correct underlay, or
- If you do not have the carpet or flooring fitted correctly, or
- You fail to observe the manufacturer’s instructions or recommendations.
Cancellations and Returns
- The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 replace the previous Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 - often referred to as the Distance Selling Regulations. The new regulations include distance contracts, i.e. a contract made between a trader and a consumer where they are not together, which is negotiated and agreed by one or more organised means of distance communication - for example, by phone, post or over the internet.
- By making a purchase either via phone, post or over the internet, you are entering in to a ‘Distance Sale’ and by paying a deposit, or the full amount for work to be undertaken, having received an estimate or quotation by a member of Stonegate Carpets staff, you are hereby agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. The new Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 extend the right to cancel the ‘Distance Contract’ from seven (7) to fourteen (14) days after the date your order is delivered to you. This applies to any pre-cut remnant sized pieces of carpet ordered and any items such as accessories or stair rods that are not cut or personalised to a customers required size. This also applies to any Agnella Rugs purchased directly from our website. Please take note of the next point though, that the CUSTOMER will be responsible for the return cost of an item, unless that item is of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described. All goods must be repacked to the same standard as they were sent out/received to avoid any accidental damage during return transit.
- The buyer will be responsible for the cost of any returns and re-delivery.
- However, in accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 this right to cancel DOES NOT APPLY to products that have been made specifically to your specifications or have been personalised. This includes any bespoke custom made stair runners, any flooring coverings that have been cut from our stock or from a roll, or any cut ordered from our suppliers to a customers required specification, or any custom made rugs or hall runners.
- Should you wish to cancel an order before your product/s have been delivered, please call us on 0113 225 95 35, to ascertain the stage your order is at and whether your order has been made/cut to your specifications. If your order has not begun to be processed or made/cut, your order can be cancelled for a refund of any monies paid by the original payment method. However, if your order has been processed and made/cut to your requirements, Stonegate Carpets reserve the right to deduct a percentage of the purchase price up to the full purchase price from any agreed refund to cover losses which we will incur in having created a custom made item which then becomes unsuitable for sale to another customer.
- To cancel your order you must inform us in writing by email to email@example.com. We will arrange with you for the goods to be collected from the delivery address, and will then refund the total amount paid for the goods, less the cost incurred by us for collection (the collection charge will be equal to but not exceeding our cost to collect the goods, however please be aware that the collection charge will not be the same as our flat rate delivery fee and will be significantly higher reflecting the market rate and the cost of collection to Stonegate Carpets). All goods must be re-packed as they were received. Refunds will be made to the payment card that was initially used to make the purchase, within 30 days of cancellation.
None of the above Terms and Conditions affect your statutory consumer rights.
Stonegate Carpets trading address is 17b Stonegate Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 4HZ. UK VAT Number: 545551048.
Prices and Tax
The prices shown for goods includes VAT (charged at 20%) unless specifically stated and are subject to additional delivery charges.
Orders for Delivery within Europe & Worlwide
Any orders placed with Stonegate Carpets with the final destination for delivery being within the EU or Worldwide Destinations, will not be subject to the UK standard rate of VAT at 20%. However, due to the additional administration requirement to prepare items for shipment together with enhanced packaging requirements to secure items, a 20% surcharge will be added to the finalised invoice amount.
The delivery of all European & Worldwide International shipments will be strictly on (DDU, Delivery Duty & Taxes Unpaid) Terms. This means that you agree to pay all Import Duties, Taxes and Surcharges directly to your local authorities/freight forwarder/courier. Any charges due will be notified to you either by our chosen carrier or your local Customs at the time of import.
Licence to use this website
The content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Limitations and exclusions of liability
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature or for personal injury resulting from negligence.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You agree to indemnify us against any claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees), arising out of your use of this site.
Personal data and confidentiality
All confidential information, including payment details, are held securely. Customer details are not passed to third parties and are used only in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
You agree and acknowledge that this website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, appearance, all texts, graphics, photographs, copyright, trademarks and any other intellectual property. Reproduction of this material is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Law and jurisdiction
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.