- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
- SHOPIFY & PAYMENTS
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Stonegate Carpets is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Stonegate Carpets may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2016.
What information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following information:
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services including your name, email address, telephone number and postal/ delivery address including postcode.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters including preferences and interests.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
What we do with the information we gather
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website.
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or by post.
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Stonegate Carpets, 17b Stonegate Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 4HZ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.